Throughout the year, the Emery Center hosts a variety of events which foster and encourage cultural awareness as well as community well being and involvement.
- Website launch on April 15, 2012 at 3pm-4pm
- Congressman Lewis Reception on April 30, 2012 at 5pm-6pm
- Bi-Annual Emery Street School Reunion-details of the next reunion will be available 2013!
- Emery Center Health Expo- The 2nd annual Emery Center Expo slated for this Fall will provide attendees with life saving health and well being information as well as a healthy snack to jump start a healthy eating regimen. Details of the Expo will be available soon!
- 150th Civil War Reenactment by the 44th Colored Infantry-estimated date 2014
- “First Friday” Community Networking Event for Area Professionals-Beginning Spring of 2012
The significant contributions of local Daltonians, such as Major Richard Robert Wright, the first President of Savannah State University, Major League Baseball Player Harry “Suitcase” Simpson, as well as Historian Levi Branham, author of “My Life and Travels,” are evident of the rich and diverse history of the Dalton and Northwest Georgia area. The center’s vast collection offers visitors an in-depth look at history from a local, state, national, and international perspective. Continue reading
The Emery Center has current openings for history-enthused, service-minded volunteers that would like to provide assistance with Tours and Events as needed. Volunteers are provided information and materials in an effort to ensure Tourists are given the absolute best experience when touring our facility. Interested individuals are encouraged to contact us by submitting a form on our webpage or call us at 706-277-7633. We would love to talk to you!